Opportunities for Positive Transitional Services (OPTS) explore the interests of our participants and provide them with activities to integrate them into the community. The activities take place both within the service center and community. Our goal is to help participants gain their independence.
Key elements of independence include:
- Working to one’s highest capacity
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle
- Forming meaningful social and work relationships
OPTS’ activities focus on establishing these key elements. Our participants will engage daily in numerous, different activities.
Benefits of OPTS
- Help participants further their employment-related goals through volunteerism, resume development, mock interviews and other workplace activities
- Promote healthy lifestyles through food education and physical activities
- Use Positive Behavior Support (PBS) intervention and prevention strategies to teach participants how to effectively manage their emotions and relationships
RTR is accredited by the Council of Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), including the 3-year CARF-ASPIRE to Excellence Award.