What is Day Habilitation?
Day Habilitation services are therapeutic day services offered to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Their condition makes it challenging for participants to live in the community.
The Open Roads programs provide services to help these individuals maintain independent living skills. Our goal is to enable participants to live successfully within their community.
The Open Roads programs provide:
- Engaging group activities such as Zumba, Music Therapy, and various clubs
- Individualized behavioral and medical supports
- Specialized programming for those diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Service planning centered around each participant
- Meaningful community engagement
- A full Interdisciplinary Service Team
Who is a good fit for the Open Roads programs?
Participants must be at least 22 years of age and have received a diagnosis of I/DD prior to age 22.
To qualify, the participant’s must be eligible for Day Habilitation services through MassHealth, however, we also accept private pay.
Open Roads is the right choice.
Roads To Responsibility, Inc. (RTR) has committed to “making lives better” since 1988. We commit to:
- Working together with the family to provide the best care and treatment for the participant
- Giving participants their choice of activities throughout the day
- Encouraging all participants to be involved in creating their goals and therapeutic activities
- Maintaining the highest service standards
RTR is accredited by the Council of Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), including the 3-year CARF-ASPIRE to Excellence Award.